Well I started straight away and here is my first design!!!!! Yeah!!! FREE to anyone interested, but please give feedback and pics if possible!!!
- With red. Into magic ring make 8dc, ss to 1st dc
- Dc in same place as ss, (dc,1htr, 1tr, 1dtr,1tr,1htr, 1dc into next dc) repeat3 times, but last dc replace with ss in 1st dc. Cut & tie off and weave in ends.
|back of work|
- Join orange thread at side of petal and work round each petal (in back loops only) as follows: 3dc up side ( in dc,htr, tr ), 3dc in top of dtr , 3dc down side( in tr,htr, dc) in between each petal work a long dc into centre ring. Ss to join at end and cut & tie off and weave in ends.
- Now you are going to create 8 petals at the back of these four petals - as in Irish crochet. Join blue thread at back of flower in a long dc, *3ch, ss through back of a dc on round 1, 3ch, ss to next long dc.* Repeat from * to * all round. You should have 8 3 ch loops at the back of the flower. Continue in same colour, making petals as follows: into each chain loop work: 1 dc,1htr, 2tr, 1dtr,1tr,2htr, 1dc. Ss to join, then cut & tie off and weave in ends.
- Join in pink thread with ss to any htr to right of a petal. Working in back loops, make *1dc in htr, tr and tr up side of petal, 3 dc in dbtr, 1dc in htr, tr, tr down other side*. Repeat from * tp * all round 8 petals, missing out the dc on each petal. Ss to join and then cut & tie off and weave in ends.
- Join in red thread with ss . Repeat round 5, missing out centre 2dc between petals to keep stitches same number. 89 st
- Join green thread with ss in any long dc of previous round. 3ch 7tr in same st (fan made), *miss 3dc on prev round, 1 dc, in next st, 3 dc tog in next st, 1 dc in next 9st, 3dc in next st, 1 dc in next st, 1 fan (8tr) in long dc of rnd 7.* Rep twice more, then miss 3dc on prev round, 1 dc, in next st, 3 dc tog in next st, 1 dc in next 9 st, 3dc on next st, 1dc in next st, ss to top of 3ch at beg of 1st fan.
|Back of work|
More to follow sooooon!!! :)
Well ... here is the next installment at long last. I am sorry for the delay, but one problem was that I mislaid my notebooks and my photos!! Fortunately they turned up .. phew! I was thinking I might have to do it all over again, and I have very little time. My photos and last notes are here:
Please let me know what you think! The next Mandala I made was very different. I hope to get it published one day, so I won't share it here ..yet!
Ravelry - A Granny a Day 2012 Challenge:
This is my contribution so far:
A Camouflaged Hat: My first attempt at writing a pattern!